Saturday, December 10, 2016

Review: Cadbury Crème Murder by Susan Gillard


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Guardian Publishing Group

Release Date:
March 28, 2016







Synopsis from Goodreads:

At first, everyone assumes that Verna was killed by flying debris from the tornado (she was found outside, halfway between her house and her chicken coop) as she was trying to bring her chickens inside. But Detective Ryan Shepherd realizes there’s more to this death than meets the eye when he discovers that Verna was not killed by a flying piece of wood, as was originally suspected.

Why would anyone want to kill Verna? That’s the question bothering Ryan and Heather. There’s no apparent motive, and no one knows seems to know where to begin looking for suspects.

Did Verna know something about someone she was trying to decide whether or not to reveal? What could Verna have known?

Join Heather, Ryan, and all the regulars of Hillside, Texas, as they try to figure out who killed Verna and why. The answer may surprise you!

My Review

What a delightful series this is! They are short, sweet cozy mysteries and can be read in just a couple of hours. They make a great break from longer books and the author gives you a complex mystery which is unusual for such a short book.

This is the third book in the series. I feel as if I get to know the main character, Heather, more and more with each book. I’m finding I really care about her and her cop boyfriend Ryan. There is so much to this book. In a few short pages, we have an intriguing mystery with a romance packed with emotion.

I’m totally enjoying this series, but Heather’s donut baking makes me very hungry. LOL Fun series and I’m looking forward to reading more. There are currently 27 books in the series…good thing they are short  :)



I bought this as a freebie for my Kindle. All opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.