Saturday, January 28, 2017

Review: Best Left Buried by Blanche Day Manos, narrated by Michelle Babb


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Pen-L Publishing

Release Date:
May 4, 2016







Synopsis from Goodreads:

Darcy Campbell might have expected life in a small Oklahoma town nestled in the beautiful Ozark foothills to be as idyllic as the scenery. That, however, is not what she finds when she returns to her hometown of Levi after the death of her husband.

One autumn morning, Darcy and her mother, Flora Tucker, are enjoying a cup of coffee in their hundred-year old farmhouse when Darcy gets an urgent telephone call. The contractor who is digging the foundation for their new home insists that Darcy drop everything and come to the building site as quickly as she can. He has found a mysterious object deep in a hand-dug well and he needs Darcy's help in retrieving it.

The ancient, crumbling package pulled from the well contains two items that are as shocking as they are inscrutable. In trying to decipher the meaning of these long-buried objects, Darcy and Flora discover a dark secret from their family's past.

A kidnapping, a brush with death, and a stranger's greed add to the mix. The era of World War I becomes enmeshed with the present day as Darcy and Flora unravel a tangled web of deceit that has ensnared their family.

Volume 3 of the Darcy & Flora cozy mystery series.

My Review

I’ve really become engrossed in this series. It’s the second one I’ve listened to. The characters jump right out at you. Darcy and Flora are a great mother/daughter sleuth team.

This entry in the series is filled with family secrets and keeps the reader guessing. The past blends with the present for a captivating read. I was trying to figure things out right along with Darcy and Flora. Everything fell nicely into place. It’s filled with action, adventure, mystery and even a touch of romance.
I’m looking forward to listening to more from this series.



For reading challenges:
Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2017

FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this audio book. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.